In Good Hands Today
Weekly Report CW43
Keeping too many items that you don't use is a common problem in the first world. You keep unused but loved things in boxes, just in case you need them in the next one hundred years. With this action, you harm our planet.
Watch the video, turn on English subtitles and see how we as a community, can make this planet a better place:
Imagine a world, where people only keep things that they use regularly, and if they don't, they pass it ahead. WOP creates a balance between "too much" and "too less."
WOP is a community that uses its app like Tinder, but rather to swipe people like commodities, WOP users swipe to keep things in a good circle. It's the most straightforward way to get loved but unused objects into good hands today.
Crowdfunding makes it possible.
At the moment, this project is live for a month on WeMakeIt, which is a swiss crowdfunding platform. During this November, the goal is to get enough money to push the app's development forward.
Entering a New Playground: WYSIWYG
After posting for 900 days one artwork per day, I wanted to learn something different. So I entered a new playground where I could see live what I do. No rendering. It was crucial to me to boost the fun level again. The software TouchDesigner is like a synthesizer in music, an instrument to create visual art. Whenever I work with this software, I lose track of time. I get lost and play, and things come out like this piece below.
About 19 of 20 kids, or 95%, lose their creative muscles when they become adults. Our society doesn't provide plenty of room to train creativity muscles. Other topics are considered much more important. In the end, you have to do a real job.
The problem is that we have to use our creativity daily. Let's say you miss the bus to go to an appointment—your creativity kicks in naturally. Problem-solving is connected to creativity. So if you practice your creativity, you get better at almost everything in life. If you don't work on your creativity, you probably have a dead and robotic life. This is the main reason why I keep on doing these daily creative practices. And I recommend it to everyone out there, to joineverydays.com — more about this project soon! 😊
The Five Friday Questions (CW43)
I end every week with a Friday Report and five questions, as we implemented it at OnSaPa GmbH to keep a consistent feedback relation.
What was good?
- Achieved the WOP crowdfunding goal of ~6k within 16 hours
- After just two days, the WOP crowdfunding is now at~33% (stretch goal)
- I'm happy the doctor let me recover my bone without stopping exercising
- I bought some nice clothes and I finally cut my long hair to donate it
- I see progress everywhere right now. This feels good
- Created the first website version in just two days https://heywop.com
- Asked all customers of actionpainting.ch to give their feedback
- A lot of great feedback came in for actionpainting.ch
- The new time management system works like a charm
What to look at in the future?
- Shift focus to the new venture as planned for November/December
- Tidy up physical folders
- Take more time for these Friday Reports
- Find out a way to bring knowledge to the world (internet)
What was shitty?
What should stay as it is?
- I like how the performance rhythm kicks in 🚀
- Going up at 5 am, reading & note-taking to learn.
What was neglected?
I will be back next week with new updates.
Enjoy a wonderful weekend!
PS: yep, a lot to donate from my head :>